Buffalo State College Integrated Contingency Plan Update
This project’s objective was to update Buffalo State College’s Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP), which included a Hazardous Materials Contingency Plan (HMCP), and a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan.
Unique Project Features
Because the aboveground oil storage capacity of the facility is over 10,000 gallons, Buffalo State College could not self-certify the SPCC Plan under §112.3(g)(1). Therefore, it was required to be prepared by a Professional Engineer in accordance with 40 CFR 112.
Encorus Group Solution
Site visits were performed to examine the facility and prepare a plan n accordance with accepted and sound industry practices and standards, and final certification of the completed SPCC plan and distribution to interested parties. Encorus also prepared a Hazardous Material Contingency Plan (HMCP) for the campus, which addressed how the College handles emergencies related to petroleum products and hazardous chemicals, wastes, substances, and matter. Subsequently, Encorus was contracted to provide tank inspection and certification services for the campus.
Specific Project Tasks
- Updates to ICP, including hazardous materials storage and management sections, oil storage containment and delivery procedures, oil tank and container inspection, testing preventative maintenance procedures as related to oil and bulk storage containers, facilities diagrams
- SPCC Plan review and revision
- Hazardous Materials Contingency Plan (HMCP) review and revision
- Site visits to examine the facility
- Tank inspection and certification services