Batavia VA Medical Center Fire Alarm System Design
The objective of this project was to develop drawings and specifications for a new addressable campus-wide fire alarm system with voice notification.
Unique Project Features
The campus is approximately 600,000 square feet and included 30 buildings.
Encorus Group Solution
It was found that 20 of the 30 buildings were in need of a fire alarm design and smoke and fire barrier identification. Encorus worked in conjunction with VAMC staff to determine the most efficient fire alarm design configuration and develop a complete design package for use in construction, including as-built drawings and documentation.
Specific Project Tasks
- Collaboration with key VA staff to develop the schematic design for the project
- Assessment of existing systems for adequacy and incorporation of VAMC comments for their improvement
- Field investigations to confirm routing of existing utilities and constructability of concepts
- Provide detailed calculations and back-up documentation for fire alarm and fire and smoke barrier designs
- Hazardous material investigation and analysis
- Cost estimating
- Attendance at site meetings
- Preparation of drawings and control diagrams
- Development of phasing / impact documentation / plan for construction documents to mitigate impact on VAMC
- Construction period services