Bath VA Medical Center Design Bridge Rehabilitation
The client requested design services to rehabilitate the bridge crossing over the Cohocton River. The bridge provides access to the VA Medical Center. The purpose of the project was to perform a structural investigation and engineering evaluation of the bridge to render an engineering opinion regarding its capacity, scope of repairs to improve its capacity, and a construction cost estimate of the recommended repairs, all following applicable VA Guidelines and specifications.
Unique Project Features
Access to the VA Medical Center needed to be maintained throughout the project. However, it was necessary to close the bridge to complete repairs efficiently and cost effectively.
Encorus Group Solution
A detailed detour plan was designed in order to complete the upgrade without disrupting access to the VA Medical Center.
Specific Project Tasks
- On-site structural investigation and evaluation
- Lead and asbestos testing
- Deck and sidewalk replacement design
- Concrete abutment repair design
- Steel member and connection repair designs
- Bridge joint repair design
- Drainage scupper design and placement
- Selective painting system solution
- Level 1 Load Rating Analysis