Buffalo Central Terminal – Phase I, Scoping and Schematic Design
Encorus Group was a subconsultant to CJS Architects on this project to design for the renovation of the Buffalo Central Terminal. The art deco building was constructed between 1925 and 1929, and operated until 1979. Encorus provided civil / site scoping and schematic design for Phase I of the project.
Unique Project Features
Work on the historic building requires coordination with multiple agencies, including the City of Buffalo.
Encorus Group Solution
Encorus reviewed the state of the structure and determined which stormwater green infrastructure practices were feasible in the space. This included the recommendation of a green roof system to be installed on the existing parking structure in select areas for aesthetic appeal and primary treatment.
Specific Project Tasks
- Assessment of existing conditions, including current services to the building, condition of existing materials, and site drainage
- Identification of proper sizing of services
- Provide recommendations of sustainable systems and solutions for services and systems
- Prepare preliminary site layout, grading, utility, parking, and paving plans
- Prepare preliminary stormwater design
- Coordination of potential plaza designs with landscape architect