Canandaigua VA Medical Center Relocate Grounds and Transportation Building
The scope of this project was to provide design services for a 900 square foot office addition to an existing pre-engineered storage / garage building for use by the Canandaigua VA Medical Center facility Grounds and Transportation Department as headquarters and a dispatching location.
Encorus Group Solution
Encorus additionally provided design for modifications to the storage building, which were designed to allow for year-round use with insulation and heat as well as the addition of a mezzanine area for interior material storage.
Specific Project Tasks
- Structural, architectural, and civil design for the office addition and surrounding areas
- Heating and cooling calculations for the office addition and existing building areas
- Plumbing design for piping based on fixture requirements and available flows / pressures
- Civil design for grading, sidewalks, and sanitary waste disposition
- Lighting calculations to ensure code compliance and planning for power requirements
- Foundation and steel structural design for the building addition
- Design of an interior mezzanine