Exchange Street Amtrak Station Commissioning
The former station was demolished in order for a larger, more energy-efficient facility to be constructed in its place. Approximately 38,000 passengers use the station annually. The station is intended to become an intermodal transit center for downtown Buffalo.
Unique Project Features
A temporary station was constructed for use by passengers during construction of the new station.
Encorus Group Solution
As a subconsultant to Mott MacDonald, Encorus provided commissioning services as described within the Energy Conservation Code, Section C408, for the new station.
Mechanical System Commissioning Tasks:
- Development of commissioning plan
- Monitoring of system adjusting and balancing
- Development of functional performance test documentation
- Observation of functional performance testing
- Verification of operator training
- Development of preliminary commissioning report
- Review of system balancing report
- Development of final commissioning report
Lighting System Commissioning Tasks:
- Observation of functional testing
- Documentation of results