Good Times of Olean Civil Design Services
Encorus provided complete civil design services for the redevelopment of an existing miniature golf course into a large 1,400 person entertainment and recreation center. The facilities include a 40,000 sf masonry and steel structure and surrounding site improvements.
Unique Project Features
The project required designing around a very flat area located with in a flood plain. Design included the use of pump stations and the use of a pond for water retention in order to meet all NYSDEC water quality requirements. Total construction cost of the project was $5.7 million.
Encorus Group Solution
Design was focused around the parking lot, drainage, and water quality runoff design. Poor soils determined from bore hole testing required the design to meet specific water quality volumes. With increased impermeable areas due to the 200-plus vehicle parking lot, design of green infrastructure, including vegetative swales, were utilized.
Specific Project Tasks
- Site investigations, percolation tests, and deep hole tests on-site
- New 200+ vehicle parking lot design, including traffic flow pattern
- Water quality calculations
- Filing of all required permits with the NYSDEC
- Drainage design including the use of catch basins, yard drains, and pump stations